NVIDIA rolled in the New Year with a driver update! We are now at 332.21, so I figured I’d re-run some of the last benchmarks in 4320×2560 portrait surround. I ditched the 3D Vision Surround + Accessory display setup, so unfortunately I can’t test if the accessory display problem is gone. I can confirm, however, that it is an accessory display issue since 3 panel surround has been working just fine through all of this testing.
With no further ado, here are the BioShock Infinite Numbers:
|Per Scene Stats:|
|Scene Duration (seconds)||Average FPS||Min FPS||Max FPS||Scene Name|
|6.63||79.54||23.99||154.29||Scene Change: Disregard Performance In This Section|
|3.03||130.59||41.81||410.39||Benchmark Finished: Disregard Performance In This Section|
Wow! Very nice improvement here! Overall average has jumped from 76+ to 83+! That’s a near 10% gain from just a driver rev! So far so good. Next up I decided to run Metro again. Same settings (Note: retesting DirectX 11):
And the results:
Not a big deal here. DirectX 11 testing under 331.83 yielded a 54 fps average so we have had a gain of 2 fps. Probably above the normal margin of error, but not having any great impact. I think with Metro we’re seeing the limits of the game engine. Getting significantly better results at this stage is likely to just require more brute force.
I will continue to do some additional testing and update as the results come in!